Home › Forums › BILLERS’ BOARD › 317 Vaccine for Wounds
- This topic has 3 voices and 2 replies.
- AuthorPosts
- August 14, 2019 at 10:43 am #13008
Missouri Public Health AssociationKeymasterWhen an insured client comes in with a wound, it used to be if they hadn’t had a td shot in the last 10 years you could use 317 vaccine does anyone know when that rule changed?
Thank you!
August 15, 2019 at 8:10 am #23783
Missouri Public Health AssociationKeymasterYou can’t use 317 vaccine for an insured client regardless of injury. Can’t remember when that was changed, but I’m sure it’s due to cost of vaccine, the state can no longer give free vaccine.
August 19, 2019 at 8:00 am #23776
Missouri Public Health AssociationKeymasterIf they have insurance, they should go back to their physician. If they went to the ER, the ER should have done it. I ran into this with my husband-ER forgot to ask when last Td was given and when I looked up he was fine. Medicare will not pay for Td unless given in a setting which the wound was treated – I think—I would have to check on that. But Rhonda is right, can’t use 317 on insured unless you have proof their insurance won’t cover it.
- AuthorPosts
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.